Autodata has introduced a powerful, innovative new web application, setting new standards in the delivery of automotive technical information. Building on its history of accuracy and quality, the new platform redefines Autodata as the most innovative player in the market.
Autodata has completely revolutionised the way it delivers data, as well as with a bold new look and feel. The brand new user interface is designed to enhance the quality of technical information while maximising workshop efficiency and profitability.
Placing the customer at the core of its design, Autodata are able to present information to customers in a more intuitive way, based on real-world garage workflows.
Whether information and facts are required for everyday service and maintenance procedures or for more involved diagnostic and repair operations, everything the garage needs has become available in an excellent and simple to operate portal.
Established more than four decades ago, the Maidenhead company has long been renowned for its flow of high-quality, constantly-updated information covering more than 80 vehicle manufacturers.
Autodata’s Chief Executive, Rod Williams, said: “Two of our defining qualities as a business – our ability and heritage to innovate – are at the core of the cool product. This innovation heralds a whole new era within our approach to the availability of information to our users. More than ever, we could provide workshops and other motoring organisations – such as fast-fit chains and dealer networks – with a merchandise that saves time, boosts professionalism and increases profit margins.”
Re-engineered with the aim of providing a solution in accordance with the needs of workshops of any size – from small independents to national fast-fits and repair centres – the options of the new product include:
• Provision of web data in a format more highly relevant to workshops
• Quicker and easier use of technical information, whether it is for:
– A vehicle system, part or component
– Employment or a technical procedure
– A service operation
– A symptom or a trouble code
– Known fixes and technical bulletins
Based on manufacturer data, ensuring that information for repairs and maintenance are accurat, • Real-time product updatese
• The opportunity to produce customised job bookings and estimates quickly for each vehicle, enabling fast, efficient workshop management
• Business management tools to assist manage customers and workshop profitability
The new product will be officially launched in December 2013 and will be offered by two levels, based around the requirements and the particular work carried out by workshops:
• The Service & Maintenance package offers information needed to carry out regular maintenance and servicing including manufacturers’ serviceillustrations and schedules, timing belts and chains.
• The Repair & Diagnostic package includes all in-depth and detailed diagnostic illustrations, procedures and instructions to carry out more complex jobs including diagnostic trouble codes, known fixes and wiring and bulletins diagrams, in addition to the information supplied in the Service & Maintenance package.
Williams continued: “The technology and infrastructure underpinning the brand new product suite is unparalleled, offering a whole new standard in reliability and speed, which, when teamed with a solution designed around the needs of garages and workshops, is a powerful combination.”
The launch of this new product and several further new features that are already under development, demonstrates Autodata’ s commitment to continuously innovate and pioneer the provision of technical information to the automotive aftermarket industry.